Who we're looking for
At Osborne Clarke we are keen to employ a diverse range of people with various strengths and talents. We welcome applications from candidates seeking a career change as well as those direct from University.
We are looking for candidates who can answer 'Yes' to each of the following questions:
- Do I have a razor-sharp mind, balanced with common sense?
- Am I hungry for responsibility, but know when I need guidance?
- Will I be able to juggle deadlines and still stay focused and positive?
- Can I adapt quickly to new situations and different working styles?
- Can I knuckle down, but not be afraid to suggest creative alternatives?
- Do I communicate well and build relationships?
To be in with a chance of a training contract at Osborne Clarke, strong academic achievement is essential. Candidates should have achieved, or expect to achieve, a 1st or a 2:1 in any discipline. We also take into account applicants' results in each of their degree modules. Only in exceptional circumstances do we consider candidates with lower degree grades (see here for more details).
We screen our applications in favour of those candidates with stronger 'A' level grades.
In your application form, we ask a series of competency based questions. We rank candidates based on their answers to these questions. See the Tips section for more details on this part of the application process.